Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day Out and More Treasures

I had a lovely day out last week with a couple of my friends. We met for an early lunch and then went antique/thrift shop shopping and I found some more treasures for my business to add to all the beautiful silverware I just got from my sister in England.



I was so thrilled to find this beautiful antique lemon fork. 
I paid a little more than I wanted to but you don't know just how long I have been looking for one, and it's perfectly what I wanted!

Came upon these lovely Limoges china pieces, teacup, saucer and two odd plates at a thrift store, can you believe it? And at a VERY good price.
I already had the matching cups and saucers at home for the two plates. What a deal!




Here's the matching cups and saucers, so now I have two more place settings.



This large platter was a great find too, only cost me $4 from another thrift store! 
I think it will be good for serving my tea sandwiches on.


Got this lovely Spode teapot from an Antique store to add to my collection.
I found I had a matching cup and saucer when I got home too! Nice.



Lastly, this lovely tile trivet was a great deal. 
Another thrift store find priced at $2 but I got 50 per cent off so it only cost me $1!! 
Got home and cleaned it up and what a little treasure.



What a wonderful day out. Good company, good shopping and great treasures to bring home! 

I can't tell you how happy I am with my new business and this new chapter in my life. I get to do all the things I love, baking and antique shopping. How fortunate am I? And on top of that, I get to see my grandchildren two or three times a week too :) Definitely NOT missing the corporate life!

No comments: