Monday, October 25, 2010

New Old Things

My niece, Natalie, and her friend, Lisa, were just here on vacation from England and we all had such a great time. It was lovely to see her and do all the things we don't do all the time like Disneyland, the zoo and the beach (why is it that I never go to the beach unless someone comes to visit? It's so close and so amazing I can't imagine why I don't go more often!) dinner out, etc., etc. We all miss you already Natalie.

I was so thrilled that Natalie brought with her some beautiful silver, a gift from her "mum", my dear sister Sue. Sue had cleaned it all up for me, but I gave everything an extra polish and it all looks so beautiful! 



Dessert forks
 These little antique forks are awesome.

Love these precious tiny teaspoons

Very old preserve spoons

 Love the preserve spoons - didn't have any so these are amazing.

Scissor handle cake servers

Amazingly beautiful trifle servers!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything and I can't wait to use it all at my next tea. Thanks Sue!

My sister will be coming from England to spend Thanksgiving with me and my family (can't wait to see her... it's been three years since her last visit) and I already know that she will be bringing even more goodies for my tea business from her and also my sister-in-law, Mary. Not long now, I'm so excited!






No comments: