Saturday, August 21, 2010

My First Afternoon Tea

I am a mom and a grandmother and I hail from Chester, Cheshire in the northwest of England (on the north Wales border). I have three fine sons, a lovely daughter-in-law, and two precious and beautiful grandchildren, a girl and a boy... PERFECT, what more could I ask for?

I have lived in Southern California for almost thirty years now, but have never lost my English roots, and recently, with the help and encouragement from my wonderful sons, and daughter-in-law, I have decided to turn my passion for baking (and tea) into a new business venture, English Rose Traditional Afternoon Teas.

My daughter-in-law hosted the very first tea at her home two weeks ago and invited her lovely friends, all very busy young moms, to spend a little relaxing time together. It was a great success and it was lovely for me to see them enjoying the food and listening to them all having the time to chatter away to one another.

From my daughter-in-law's tea, I got three more bookings... so, I guess I'm in business!

   

2 comments:

Williams Family said...

Oh I just love it!! You know I will be hosting lots of teas! So happy for your new business and this new season in your life, it is going to be great!

Unknown said...

You are an inspiration! I love your excitement and enthusiasm, and am so happy for you. I can't wait for my first tea on the 19th!