Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tea Cosy

A tea cosy is a cover for a teapot, usually either quilted or knitted, and it keeps the tea hot. Everyone in England knows what a tea cosy is and uses it every day. Not everyone here knows what a tea cosy is though. So, here's a cute little story.

I bought a little tea set for my granddaughter a few weeks ago. She loves tea... no... she REALLY loves tea, real tea made in my teapot and enjoyed out of a china cup! She was thrilled with her tea set and unpacked it to play with it at my house. When it was all unpacked she looked at me and said, "but, there isn't any tea cosy gamma!"... TOO CUTE... she's just 3 years old! It's the British side in her and she's probably been around gamma too much!

A few days later I was babysitting for my son and daughter-in-law and my granddaughter got out her tea things for us to play (she has MANY tea sets) and I noticed that she had placed her little knitted hats on all the teapots as tea cosies! Way to improvise Taelor!! She's so SWEET.

2 comments:

Williams Family said...

Oh my sweet little British daughter, I just love her! And YES she sure does LOVE tea, especially when it is made by Gamma!

Unknown said...

That is adorable!